Saturday, June 30, 2018

Milia and me

In the last year I’ve noticed my skin going wild. I'd been breaking out more than ever. 
I had started noticing weird little bumps on my cheeks along my hairline down my lawline. I thought they were really tiny pimples however upon a closer look, they actually are not. They were little bumps called "milia." 


Apparently it's because I hadn’t been exfoliating my face everyday. 
Truthfully, I hadn’t even been washing my face everyday. When I was in my teens and twenties I had no real skincare routine. Looking back I was blessed my skin wasn't a problem then for how little I did to manage it.
I've actually stopped wearing makeup daily in the last several years because foundation was making my skin oily and causing breakouts. My husband has really been a huge contributor to helping me become comfortable in my own skin. (Once I realized I can still be beautiful without a full face of makeup there was no going back.)
After learning what I had was milia I started washing my face once a day and exfoliating once a day and noticed a difference within three days. 
Since then I have started washing my face daily exfoliating once a week and the milia is gone now.
What is your favorite face wash and/or facial exfoliator? Do you have a specialized skincare routine? I would love to hear about it. Leave a comment below! 
Xoxo, T


0 comments:

Post a Comment